Thread: Downton Abby
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Pollytink

Yeah, I'm still mad!!! I knew it was coming when Matthew was tooling happily down the road and they switched to a clip of a truck coming from the other direction. My neighbors must have heard me yell "Oh No....I knew they'd do that!!!" I may calm down but right now I don't know if I'll watch it next season. I've been ticked off that the season was so short and didn't start til January anyway. Here's an article that explains some of it:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/17/do...matthew-death/

If they thought that Matthew was too dull, you would think they could have livened things up a bit. I was happy with him as he was. In the article someone sugg. that Tom might get together with Mary but I can't see that at all! Monroe said: "I'm always so surprised about the British lack of emotion between characters and miniscule family interaction with baby Sybil. That stiff upper lip needs a tweak!" I hadn't thought of that but you're right, not much about baby Sybil. The article also says pressure has been for them to start it in September as they do in England and not wait til Jan here. Supposedly there was info around about the ending since it ended in Dec. in England.

I've loved this show but this really ticks me off!