Thread: Qnn.tv
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Pollytink

I hadn't renewed my mbrshp in 2011 but did recently with the sale. Now I remember why I didn't renew!! I have trouble viewing their videos.....I think their help/support is terrible. They have some FAQS but it's weird...there's a list of topics at the top but, as in other sites, you can't click on one in the list and be taken down to that topic...you have to go down the whole list to find what you want. In the video faq, they say to click on the HELP link on the top right of the pages....not there!!! There's a Support/Contact link but you don't get much that way either. No phone to connect (I guess I've gotten spoiled with Amazon), can only email them. I did, will be interesting to see how long it takes for a reply and what they say....I was not happy in my email!

At first the video window was grey; they said to update Adobe Flash, which I did....then the video window was BLACK and no buffering. I used to try to watch F&P videos and had trouble with them too. Another thing, I like to save videos to my computer to watch later when I need/want them....can't do that here or on F&P or the Quilt Show. I understand, I guess, but with so many free videos on the web, I don't think theirs are that much better.

When F&P published Jenny's new magazine/book, I thought "Oh boy! I hope they don't rope her in to put her videos on their sites so we have to pay for them!" I've subscribed to F&P for years but recently have begun to lose interest. I don't like the LoQ mag as much anymore, and their PBS videos have so much about longarm quilting which is not helpful to me. I do miss Simply Quilts....I thought her programs were very helpful (but I'm not about to renew mbrship there....just didn't use it enough)...I saved most of them on video so at least I have those. I think that F&P overdoes the pushing too...I get emails every day or more and then there are the cd's they send you unasked for and want you to pay for them.

Well, I guess I've complained enough....I guess this is just a grumpy week!! Sorry! I'll be better later (hopefully!)!