Old 02-19-2013, 09:57 PM
n2scraplvr

The focus of this tutorial will be more on color selection rather than block construction since more help is needed with color than any other area and some already know how to do this block. I'll show you how easy it is to put together when you know what to do and how to do it! The steps to making the block will be included for all newbies.

Although you will use lots of scraps in making this quilt, you will also end up with 1,680 leftover triangles! There are 8 triangles left over per round x 3 rounds = 24/block or 1,680/quilt! Since the first 2 rounds produced only small triangles not worth saving, I saved only the last round's 560 triangles. These can also be reused for your 1st round and scattered in your quilt so they don't meet up together. You will see in the pics how I salvaged from my pre-cut triangle pile of thousands to reuse them. One nice result of using 2 triangles of one print with 2 triangles of another print for your 1st round adds to the dimensions of color, especially when using a darker shade for one pair than the other pair. It can produce a sparkle in your quilt while using up some older triangles at the same time!!

Last edited by n2scraplvr; 02-19-2013 at 10:00 PM.