Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
n2scraplvr

One of the worst things in the world is a quilter not knowing when to stop on her creation! I'm sure you've seen one of those 120x120 quilts that would've looked better if they had stopped at 36x36! Just think how boring it must have been for them to repeat the same 3 colors months/yrs on end 10-ft. wide or more. Since the block only finishes at 5 or 5.25, it certainly is not a size you would want to do that large so it is nice to just give a small sampling of these blocks and use the rest of the spaces to fill in with inner/outer borders to make a lap size or twin size quilt. It kind of gives you a hint of how beautiful a full size quilt of this would be, i.e., that is if you would want to undertake such a large project on. I love this block, but let's face it; it is not a quickly made block! It's one of my most favorite blocks to look at, but not do! I certainly would never PP one for the accuracy alone when you can get a quicker version of one not so perfect! You can see how by the pics of how challenging it can be to not cut corners off, meet all points precisely as well as intersections too! Which block can give you that kind of challenge? Ok. There are a few more like it too! lol.!! Hopefully, you won't cut off as many points as I did in this one! And if you do cut a little corner short, it's no big deal! It will add to the glamour of it we hope!