View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:58 AM
tbumgarn

Default Marshall Dry Goods

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
Has anyone bought fabric from Marshall Dry Goods? I seen some backing fabric 108" for 7.99 a yd and a lot of there fabric is 3.99 a yd. It seemed like good prices but I have never bought anything from them and was just wondering how they were.. Thanks
While I hate living in Arkansas (moved here from Missouri years ago), I love going to Batesville just so I can visit Marshall Dry Goods. The store is very big; actually they are in an old Wal-Mart building; and their selection online does not cover lots of the items in the store. I fequent the remenant table or discount talbe. I can find great buys for $2.50 a yard but there are flaws or black marks on the material from the manufacturer, which is great for piecing but not for backing. I love buying the bundle packages they offer but only if I am there to see the material that is in the bundle. I bought one online a couple of years back and while the material was good quality the oddly placed colors clashed and I ended up giving part of it away. Go ahead and order from them, you will be pleased with the material you receive.