Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Nancy and Glenn,

I own a Davis NVF, not the New High Arm. Here is a link to the differences in the models of Davis Vertical Feeds: http://www.kelsew.info/domestic/davisVFmodels.html

I have a copy of that manual that you refer to from ismacs, and it is the only copy of any Davis VF manual I could find off the internet. Well, it was sufficient enough for my use in figuring out how to use the Davis NVF. These machines are simple.

Glenn, if you wish to clean the parts behind the faceplate, I suggest looking at the tutorial on the Yahoo Davis Vertical Feed site. Someone spent time putting together an excellent tutorial, which is easy to follow. Having those parts cleaned makes a huge difference, and well worth the time spent cleaning vs just oiling and calling it good to go.
Thank you Monica. Yes, I do remember you have the Davis NVF after looking at the Kelsey sight. I had that sight bookmarked too. Great sight!

I am a member of the Yahoo Vintage Pfaff group, maybe I should join the Davis group too since I have two Davis machines? Great information on cleaning!

Nancy