View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Carla P

I know this string is a bit old & there has been lots of great info provided to you, but I want to comment about one of the patterns you have mentioned- Turning Twenty. It is probably one of the most versatile patterns I have ever bought... and the quickest to make, with little planning or continued commitment time needed. You can walk away from it for a month and come back to easily pick up where you left off. I bought it when my 3 Girls were small... They're all teens now, so I still have the same problem- not enough time. (So, yes, I still use it quite often.) I have used it for quilts, pillows, runners, and even curtains (on point & set straight). Another good thing about this pattern is if you happen to fold the FQ in the wrong direction for cutting, as I did the first time I cut it, it is no big deal; just change your block layout & it still goes together beautifully. (and no one ever knows the difference) Now, on occasion, I cut it wrong on purpose for added interest or just so I can add another fabric or two... I LOVE scrappy!!! Relax & have fun with all of your new patterns & remember, not a single one of us have yet been able to make all of the quilts we want to. Also, there are NO MISTAKES in quilting; only new potholders, excuses to buy more fabric, and creative twists. :D If you ever get stumped or I can help, give me a shout. Take care!!