View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 PM
quiltlady1941

I have washed the fabric in the ratayne and it is in the dryer now... I'll try the 2" sq of fabric in a glass of water and see if it bleeds.. also will try the washing of the fabric and see if it comes off when rib up against some of the fabric in the quilt top...This sure seems like a lot of work for this fabric but it is 10 yds...and I hate to buy more for the backing of this quilt.. I will tell the person to remember to wash it in cool water all the time, but really how often do you wash a quilt? I never wash my quilts in hot water most times it is in cool water wash and cool water rinse..

I did look up the carcinogen on the product and it said it may contain small amounts of formaldehyde but safe if not used all the time.. so I guess it is safe, I'll look into this some more but I had already used it, then I read the post by thimblebug6000 and it did give me a scare, I went in and really washed my hands again,even tho I had wash them after using it ....Thanks everyone for your advice...