View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Elna SU is nice and would be a challenge for you
I think this time of year is depressing - no Christmas to look forward to - spring still seems a long way off
not enough sun or warm weather... blah blah blah...
Out of curiosity, what makes the SU a challenge? I had one here, worked beautifully so nothing to troubleshoot, really nice stitches too.

"Up here" there's no Vitamin D to be had from the sun at this time of year, all the walks in the world don't help. Vitamin D comes in pill form only for us. Ugh. It's a good time to hibernate, but if you can stand your spouse this far north in the winter, you can make it through anything.

Perhaps a new project, Joe? Something that's not bags or fixing machines or quilts... I find that always gets me fired up. I think it's why I have so many "projects" on the go always. I know what you mean, I have a problem child on my desk at the moment that I was really looking forward to sewing with, and I just can't find it in me to finish the repair (new hook, but the new one is problematic) but I've found the time to organise fabric, write a software program to handle my stash(es), and chop holes in a desk to make several sewing machines sit flush with the top. I'm sure you (and I) just need a break.