View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 PM
w7sue

Shopgoodwill.com just closed an auction for a Singer Rocketeer and it sold for $75. I quit bidding at $50. I see FW's on there too but they seem to go for $250+ and there are no guarantees that they even work. If you do bid on something online, I would really recommend shopping close to home - I don't bid on anything on shopgoodwill.com unless I can pick it up. I really got burned on shipping the first time I purchased from this sight - the packaging wasn't very good, all smashed up when it got to me, thankfully the product was fine. It cost me as much to ship three diecuts for my AccuQuilt as it cost to buy them!

I own three FW's - Paid $250, $125, and $250 for them. They are all from the 1940's. I am getting ready to sell one - I just picked it up from the local sewing machine shop - wanted to make sure everything was perfect before putting it on craigslist. I plan on asking $350 for it since it cost me $100 to have it serviced. I won't be making any money on it, but I won't be losing any either.