View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 04:33 AM
twoxover

Originally Posted by GrandmaJeanne View Post
I have been racking my brain out about purchasing an embordiey machine, to make the purchase and use it to the full potential, as I can only figure out I would only use probably for quilt labels, and when I give a quilt my signiture is always a small quote to go with the quilt. So I wouldn't need an expensive one if that is the only thing I would use it for. Any suggestions on a good machine, only need the embordiery as I have a good sewing machine. Gonna start looking but always talk myself out of it.
I have a babylock ellure...it's at least 12 years old...it has a 5x7 area. I think If i were in your shoes, i'd look for a brother with a 5x7 area. you might get frustrated with a smaller 4x4 stitch area...but the 5x7 should keep you pretty happy. You can find them for less than 1000 (i think even around 600?). they are great little work horses. I use my ellure alot. there are times when i really want "the newest" with a huge embroidery field, and then i realize, in my case, i would not make use of it. pathetic, huh? but...at this time in my life, with a kid in college, i cannot justify the $$$$....