Thread: arthritis pain
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 AM
TanyaL

[QUOTE=leighway;5877578
, but there are many who are eating gluten free because they feel sick otherwise....and if you eat gluten free, you gotta feel sick because that stuff is nasty![/QUOTE]

My GD was born with Celiac Disease and my husband developed it at age 70. She likes the gluten free food as she has never tasted any other. We finally found a bread that my husband says tastes like bread, and he has simply removed all other wheat based dishes from his diet, dishes like pastas, pie crusts, etc. The cakes and cookies that Betty Crocker GF mixes make taste like cakes and cookies. There is an abundance of canned fruits, vegetables, and now some canned soups that are GF. His diet is not bad, just not as varied as it was. Mexican food is very easy to find GF, Italian not at all. The diet is more expensive than a regular diet, to us that is the most obnoxious thing about it, not the taste. He simply doesn't eat the bad tasting GF foods. I find it no problem to keep a GF kitchen for him and a regular one for me.