View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 AM
themachinelady

I have to use 2 T less liquid in mine. I watch and if the dough is too dry due to low humidity etc., I then add the water back in a teaspoon at a time, but most of the time I don't add anything back in. My one breadmaker is a square baker pan and it makes more crust than we like so I use it for a dough machine and first rise then bake it in the oven after the second rise. The other one I bought from a friend has a regular loaf baking pan, but I have to watch it when it shapes it for the second rise it does not do a good job so I have to help it along, so the loaf isn't skinny on one end and fat on the other. I also find I have to add more yeast to the bread dough, so use a combination of bread yeast and regular yeast. You just have to play with it. I am going to try a little more salt in my next loaf as while my crust doesn't fall in, it is pebbly and not smooth as I would like it to be. Bread tastes good and it seems to happen whether I do it in the bread machine or in the oven.

I use both recipes from scratch as well as some mixes. We like the Royal Hawiaian (sp) bread with just a light sweet taste to it. Hubby dearly loves that one. I have also made hamburger buns using the dough feature, but am not impressed with the recipe I have for them. They sure don't stay fresh over a day it seems, and I hate stale bread whether it is bought or homemade.

It might be nice if we all shared our bread recipes in the recipe section, we might get some new ideas, how about it?