View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Nanny's dollface

Default Labor of Love Finished

Originally, I had set out to work on a lap quilt; however, the quilt suddenly became a Queen size one. LOL
As a newbie this was my second quilt ever, I bit off more than I could chew so to speak with my new found enthusiam for quilting. So a couple of weeks ago I asked this forum for help on how to manage the sandwiching of the front, batting anf the back. Your responses were tremendous- thank-you all once again. Many wanted to see it completed so here it is. BTW, I did end up using a king size 100% cotton sheet for the backing.

I also wanted to show my first quilt - a wall hanging- that I completed in December - it was an anniversay gift to my brother who got married in a church (after a snowstorm) that looked just like the one in the quilt . You can see why I said I was over my head with the second quilt. LOL

I have learned a lot in the short time I have been quilting. All in all, I am so Blessed to have found joy in quilting.
Attached Thumbnails christmas-church-quilt-dec-2012.jpg   patriotic-stripes.jpg