View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:37 AM
fmhall2

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
morning everyone! just popping in to say hello! I was at a fabric shop the other day Bearly Quilting in Sonora and they had this wall hanging kit. Actually a group of them.. but this caught my eye. It was the side profile of a bunny. fusible applique. like a standing chocolate bunny side profile. He had a egg in his hand. That was it some pretty striped pastel going all around it and I was so close to buying it but thought oh heck you can make it simple enough bunny. patterns like free on the net. But I have to say it was so cute. would be a grand wall hanging for easter and might be next on the wall hanging list for me. I couldnt justify 22.00 for a 12 W x 18 long piece of fabric lol. I think I also need to make a cactus wall hanging. the idea just came to me and its perfect for a western or cinco de mayo wall hanging. with some chili peppers and maybe a pot at the base like those old fifties tablecloths have.. yup that would be cool. and I havent even had my coffee yet its still brewing!
Elizabrat, I don't have much luck getting pictures on the Board, but I am trying. Anyway I just love your mug rug, and you did such a good job of it. By the way, I would love to see your western cactus or Cinco de Mayo quilt. I spent 13 years in Phoenix, and many more years in the California desert, so my heart is there. If you decide to make one like that, maybe we can do a private exchange - tell me what kind of mug rug you would like. fmhall2