View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Emma S

Knew you guys would help me. Love many of the ideas. Many discussed the actual color of the boarders, when I actually make my decision, will audition different colors to see what happens. One thing this is a EQ quilt so it isn't exactly the same scraps that were used, so the color distribution may be different. The only limitation is that I will be shopping my stash.

Many suggested making the plain boarders pop with quilting, love this idea, have seen some really great quilting on this board. The spirit is willing but the skill level is weak. Just did my first FM, the door is open but the light isn't on. So that idea will have to wait for another quilt.

Ah applique, never done it, is on my bucket list. Love the way it looks with vines and flowers in the border. Especially partial to the Jacobean style. Yet another quilt.

Mom3's suggestion really caught my eye. (Thanks for the drawing.) The angled stars made all the difference, will do this for sure. It removed the blockiness and made the borders more a part of the quilt. Like the idea of extending the unfinished stars into the borders on the sides as well but don't want to lose the simplicity. Will do some experimenting and use the blocks Mom3 suggested if it seems busy.

Thank you all so much for the suggestions, so glad I asked.