Thread: Have to chuckle
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Sandy1951

Originally Posted by k3n
Oh SD, ouchy but funny!

I was in the queue for the ladies room a while back and when a cubicle came free, the one the two young girls in front of me drew her friend to one side and said 'let the lady go first'. Did they think I looked so old I might be incontinent?! :shock: :lol:
Wow, it's unusual for young girls to be so polite. Maybe they were just hoping you'd hurry and get out of there so they could talk or something.

Shadow,

I've had that happen to me, too. I am getting older now (fifty-eight), but after my hair grew back after chemo when I was 36, it had a LOT of silver and gray it it. Thankfully it eventually grew out to my regular color, but then when I was in my late 40's, I guess, I started to get more gray, especially in the front. I colored the gray, but then I had more chemo again at age 52, more hair loss, and more gray when it grew back. At that point I stopped coloring it. My hair was just too fragile and I've never gone back to it.

I used to work for a church camp and conference center. Let's see, this would have been about 14 years ago, so I would have been about 44. I was doing registration for a senior's retreat and at least three people asked me if I was a participant. :cry: So I know how you feel. Hmmm...maybe I already had some silver and gray in the front of my hair. Or maybe I just looked old. Sigh...

You know, it could be worse. A couple of years ago I was sitting on a bench at our street fair watching my GDR's riding a ride. A rather odd little old lady was sitting next to me and after a few minutes, she turned to me and said, "Do you mind if I ask you how much you weigh?" I wish I'd had the nerve to say "Yes, I do" and get up and walk away. But alas, she really was old, and very odd, so I just told her. She said, "Have you ever thought about losing weight?" Gosh, no, it never occurred to me, jeez! I did finally get up and walk away.

I'd like to think I'll never turn into one of those old ladies, but I fear I will.

Sandy