Old 11-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Covered in Threads

I've been busy getting things ready for the few craft shows we do locally and working full time outside the home. And along the way I've made things for all of our family members this Christmas.
As for quilted items, so far 23 table runners, 7 bargello tree skirts, 40 pot holders, 24 ornaments, 12 steering wheel covers, 10 evening bags, 7 wall hangings, 5 lap quilts and 2 full size quilts. This doesn't include any of the handsewn stuffed animals I make from old coats and clothing or all the marshmallow shooters my hubby makes for the shows. We've been very busy and I have a wonderful husband that keeps the house clean and cooks when I get into the crafting mode. We take the profits and travel with the funds. It's been a blessing for us over the past 25+ years. Along with meeting new people, catching up with some dear crafting buddies, we also get to go places we don't normally have the money for.
As for fabric, we do this when we travel, we search second hand stores, shop JoAnn's sales, local quilt shops and on-line with a few sources like Connecting Threads & Hancocks.
So much to do, so little time - make the best of what comes your way.