Thread: Quilts for Kids
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Edie

UPS was just here with a package from "Quilts for Kids" (downy.com). I am so excited. I think I heard about this in Quiltingboard! I got a package with the neatest fabric for a small child's quilt. The colors are absolutely something else. The backing is orange with red large polka dots, the border consists of two rows; the narrow one is angled in the colors of the rainbow and the other is a wide band with bugs - cute bugs. The blocks are made up of lime green tonal and bright orange tonal and yellow with big bugs, happy bugs. It is adorable. I can't wait to get started on it.

I got to thinking - why don't we all take a few days off of what we are doing and make a quilt for these sick little children. I know I am and the directions said that it costs the same to send two quilts as it does to send one, so I am thinking - STASH!!!!! Make up another one with leftovers and send it along. It took about four days from the time I ordered it until I got it. They should make a sweet quilt to.

Just a thought, but I think a pretty darn good one and while we are sewing it together we can thank God we have healthy children, we have our health or are at least in good enough shape that we can do what we love to do and wish these children a Merry Christmas and Happy and Healthy New Year. :D Edie