View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 07:08 PM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I go every year but can't this year! My guild is having a retreat the same week. I park at Hancock's and then catch the bus to go to Eleanor's big tent sale. Her shop is downtown closer to the Convention center. When I go to the quilt show I park at the convention center. It's an easy walk to the museum and downtown to the other shops. Caryl Bryer Fallert's studio is right across from the Convention center. The buses run often but they take a lot of time so if you are there for just a day or two it's faster to drive. The mall has a lot of vendors and the mall vendors seem to have lower prices. The reason I park at Hancocks is it stays open late and the parking lot is open. E Burns use to be at the fairground and it closed the gates at 6 pm. It's easy to drive in the town and lots of parking in the museum lot and a big lot at the center where Ricky Timms performs. All right there in walking distance.

If you have Google Earth you can see street views of the whole area. Even plan you walking on what sidewalks to take.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 02-23-2013 at 07:10 PM.