View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 07:20 AM
happyjunker

You all are so sweet! I love my place, and have started using my laptop more in here since it is so comfy and pretty. The cabinet is from the 60's. The machine and cabinet are identical to the one my Mom had, and I learned to sew on. I was not very smart when I gave it to a neighbor and bought a new cabinet that I thought was SO fancy and nice...and expensive! I had to replace the cabinet and machine as the Singer 401A will always be my favorite for both sentimental and functional reasons.

vschieve, I LOVE to sew in my pajamas! I love cotton knit clothes! I am not a fashionista, I am a comfortista!

Cindy A, this pattern is very easy. I added elastic to the back of the slipper just by making a little seam. I was afraid they wouldn't stay on very well. I am making a pair out of a solid royal blue baby bed bumper pad that I picked up for $1. There is enough fabric and batting there for me to make probably 4 or 5 pairs for $1! Save a lot of time sandwiching the fabric and batting too. I really do like the non stick grip on the bottom. Oh, and BTW... they wash up great!
And just to set the record straight... always, always,always buy your patterns on sale! $1.99 is the most I ever spend on a pattern. Oh yes... and have fun sewing!