View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:25 AM
hsquiltingmom

Default quilt backing question

Hi everyone,

I have a lady that would like me to quilt a top for her. It had been made and given to her mom, and just sat there for a long time, and then her mom gave it to her. I looked at the top, and it isn't in bad shape, there are a few seams that have popped, but they won't be a problem to fix. It looks like the fabric is probably a poly/cotton broadcloth. I am also guessing it is that kind of fabric, because of how old it is. Would you back with a poly/cotton broadcloth or with a cotton? I know if I use a cotton, I will for sure prewash, just to be sure it all works fine.

I am hoping she will still have me do it. I asked what she had in mind, and she said I thought of those little strings that stick up, and I told her that tied quilts are not my favorite and I don't like doing them. I then showed her some of my ideas. I am new at this and forgot to let her know on the phone that I would like a deposit of 1/2, just to cover the batting and the backing. Of course, I won't buy anything until I have her deposit in hand.