View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 02:56 PM
MadQuilter
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Luv2Kreate
I don't plan on creating a HUGE over the top stash, but there are time I see fabrics that I just LOVE and don't buy at the time (thinking I will come back when I have a project to do with them) only to come back and find that the fabric is gone...!
I don't think any of us PLANNED on having an over the top stash. It just happens.

My stash is sorted generally by color and I keep it in a clear Rubbermaid bin. It is clear which colors I am not too fond of just by looking at the measly little bit in the stash bin.

You said that you have bought only for specific tops.....and I assume that you have "leftovers." Audit what would go good with that stash. Maybe punch it up with some brights and go from there.

I like to look at the keepsakequilting fatquarter batches in specific colors or specific patterns and I have supplemented my stash from those. For me there is no rule. If it's for fun, I might just buy an FQ. If I like it, I get about a yard, if I love it, I get up to 3 yards. If it could be a backing I get 5-ish. If it's on sale and I love it - heaven help me. lol

Don't fret. It takes a while to build a stash and part of the fun is actually going shopping for a project - but I'm sure you know that already.