View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 03:44 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

I am in the process of using it on my quilt and will NEVER do it again. Here are the pro's and con's based on my experience.

Pros
I chose it because I thought it would adhere and the marking would "last" as long as I needed it to when working on a trapunto design and then still stay there to be machine quilted...it did and worked very well.

I used a sharpie to mark the design and that worked very well also.

My machine is ancient..so warranty is not an issue.

Its pretty easy to remove when finished, yet doesn't slide at all on the quilt, so your design stays exactly where you put it.

Cons

It has "gummed" up my machine and I have to clean it after every section to be able to sew.

The sticky stuff on the wrap sticks to the needle and you have to peel it off VERY frequently.

It has somehow messes with my machine inside so that when I am sewing on top of it, my thread balls up, frayes and I can't sew any further than about 3" before I have to stop, cut, rethread machine. Very hard to get any kind of rhythm going and/or to get anything done.

I'll never use it again and I'll go back to using roll vellum (drafting paper) and or just marking on my quilt top if I can't do it free hand.

Hope this answers you question. If you'd like to see it on the quilt, its posted under "need corner help"

Patti