View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 03:15 PM
Tiffany

I own a Janome 6600 and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world, except a Bernina with a stitch regulator. That has nothing to do with the Janome and everything to do with my wanting that blasted stitch regulator though! :lol: I love my machine and it has been very reliable for me. It comes with a built in walking foot that is just amazing!!!!! The initial investment made me want to cry but it hasn't cost me a thing in upkeep and has never let me down in the two years I've owned it. I would definitely recommend it. :!:

Originally Posted by Prism99
I know what you mean. I tried out the Janome 6600 at the state fair in August and was immediately sold. Brought the brochure home, looked at it, looked at my Bernina, and knew I couldn't justify $1600 for another machine. I loved the thread cutting feature, but the truth is I can take a few seconds to cut thread the old way. My sister pointed out that it doesn't have a free arm, but of course my Bernina could always handle those kinds of tasks for me. :? Thought of all the fabric I could buy with the money, and finally just let it go. Maybe someday.......
Okay, I have to admit that the thread cutter is the one feature I thought I would like but I don't. I don't know too many of my friends who do like this feature. It tends to leave the bobbin thread too short, which means it ends up dropping back down and you have to go through the trouble of getting it back up where it should be.