Old 02-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

So....shortly after I posted the last post I went back to take a picture of BR10 paper pieced:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]397569[/ATTACH]you can see the 'diamonds' are one piece and I do have two "Y-seams" as a result. This was the stage at 10:44am... it is now 12:03 [took me about 12 min to take pictures and upload them and I had to help my DD with something for a few min] It took about 30 min to trace paper pieces, cut fabric and sew last night to get it to this stage.... Now I'm done! If you cut [more critical than the other steps I always think] carefully - the Y-seam can be done by machine and is not hard. I started with the top two sections and placed a pin exactly where the seams should connect. First pin goes straight into the intersection, jiggle it a little, hold tight and put another pin in the seamline itself until you sew it. [I usually leave the straight standing pin in til last minute as well]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]397570[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]397571[/ATTACH]
You can see the seam is pretty straight. [ATTACH=CONFIG]397572[/ATTACH]
I added the third piece down the same way. Next for a piece which has a "Y" ....start at the point 1/4" from the corner of the Y....once again be sure you line your seams. Sew to the end, clip your corner and then sew the small side of the Y [use a wider stitch if you are unsure of yourself and open it after you sew to make sure it lies flat. if not, readjust and do it over. If its good to go - sew over it once more.][ATTACH=CONFIG]397573[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]397574[/ATTACH]

cant find my triangle ruler, so it's not trimmed. But it lies flat and its done!!
Gus
Attached Thumbnails dj-br10b.jpg   dj-br10c.jpg   dj-br10d.jpg   dj-br10e.jpg   dj-br10f.jpg  

dj-br10g.jpg