View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 12:41 PM
lotus63000

Default pay pal scams

Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
Heads-up - I made an online purchase yesterday using PayPal. I entered my home address for shipping and the same address for billing. Once the transaction was complete, I got a pop-up saying that the address I'd entered for shipping was not my preferred address and was I sure I wanted to use the address I'd entered? Well, yes.

I then went to my PayPal profile to see what on earth was going on and why my preferred address would be something other than my home address. Quite a surprise - I found an address in Indonesia and two addresses in Ohio along with my own address.

I've notified PayPal, but all I got was instruction on how to remove the false addresses with no concern about how they got there. I Googled "unknown addresses in PayPal profile" and apparently I'm not the only one.
any time you get an e-mail from paypal log off your email and sign in to paypal the scam is that they send a fake paypal notice to u and you log into it then they have your email which is your screen name and they have your password because you gave it ti the fake paypal site