View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 04:33 PM
LUANNH

I am baaadddd!!! I forgot the retreat was this weekend!!! I will make this mat another time. Might be a good thing I forgot as everything I have worked on in the last week I messed up in one way or another,LOL. I made a little oval sewing box with a needle case and a thimble holder. I manage to get every piece made only to relize after the box was complete that the zipper band is in the wrong spot ( cover opens on the side instead of the back) I will live with that. NO way am I taking it apart. Then I started a wall hanging and I get all the blocks made and put into the 2 rows, then I fused the pieces on to the background piece I go to put it in the middle of the 2 rows of blocks to see how it looks and I realize I cut it about 3 inches short so I had to add on to the side but couldn't just add the fabric to one side ( it would look lopsided) so I made the added extra piece look like books so it would be balanced. No way was I going to do the machine applique on this till I feel I won't mess up the stitches to badly. LOL Taking a rest till next week!!!!