Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM
moonwork42029

Okie dokie -- got 3 done this weekend between laundry and all the other fun stuff. Since Hubby is only home on weekends I really like to spend the time with him

[ATTACH=CONFIG]397659[/ATTACH]
ljdugas31 sent the black batik and asked for a plain bright color to be used with it. Well, I cut my first pieces wrong and had to improvise. This is what I came up with from 8 strips cut wrong. Think it almost looks like framed glass so Dad said it "worked out just fine". It wasn't a matter of measure twice and cut once..it was a matter of multiply correctly to come up with what you need..duh.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]397660[/ATTACH]
oldcatlady had the faded gray with swirly design fabric. I love pink with gray so it was great that she asked for grays, whites or light pinks to be used with her fabric. Can't wait to see all of her blocks together at the end.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]397661[/ATTACH]
travelinggramma had a solid black and asked for bright cheery colors. She mentioned she had liked an Amish style top so I tried to come up with a simple yet pleasingly bright block. It was paper pieced so it really wasn't as simple as I thought it would be when I picked out the pattern.

More to come next week so come on back and sit a spell
Attached Thumbnails finished-ljdugas31.jpg   fnished-oldcatlady.jpg   finished-travelinggramma.jpg