View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:05 PM
captlynhall

Originally Posted by Dingle View Post
I bought a house a few months ago that has quite a bit of tile in it. I use a stick vac to sweep it and then have mopped it. It doesn't seem very clean to me. If I wet a paper towel and wipe the floor you can see what was left behind. I have tried the Shark steam mop, but that didn't work very well either. I do live in the desert but it's not the dust that bothers me, it's the dirt. I was thinking about getting one of those Hoover hard floor cleaners. Does anyone have one, and what do you think? Those of you who have tile, how do you get it clean? This is the first time I have had tile so not sure what to do.

Thanks
I have a Hoover hard floor cleaner and love it. My kitchen and entry are ceramic, but are textured like real stone, so could not find a mop that wouldn't shred. I use to use a broom and Mr. Clean to scrub the floor and then would suck up the left over water with my shop vac and then dry with towels. Needless to say, my back paid the price.

The thing I love best about the Hoover, is that I can go over an area as many times as I want and squirt as much cleaning solution as I want, then the Hoover sucks up the dirty water. I am shocked every time I use it as to how much dirt is on the floor. Prior to buying the machine, I had started to notice a musty odor when I came into the house. After using the Hoover, that smell has gone away. I figure it was the nasty kitchen flloor. I knew I didn't scrub it as often as needed, because it was such a job. No big deal now. My friend had one for several years and kept telling me I needed to buy one, but I didn't want to spend the money. Now I could kick myself for waiting.

Last edited by captlynhall; 02-24-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Left out part of a sentence.