View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 11:42 PM
bakermom

Originally Posted by Holice View Post
I finally bought one of these gadgets after being impressed at several quilt shows. I also have one for my regular machine but never tried it. Have never used the new one.
They look simple to do when demonstrated at the shows and most likely have their uses in select situations. I was not satified with my bindings until I took the time to figure out what I was doing that caused my dissatisfaction. You not I didn't say "wrong" When I figured it out then they got easier to do. I don't believe the binding tools are worth the money, especially at $244. Having said that.....I have been thinking that they may have their use if doing a lot of quilts to give away....that is after you get comfortable with using it.
i have that same gadget. it works fine on purchased prequilted fabric but I cannot get it to work on anything else. the following year I went back to the show to complain and the woman demo-ing finally admitted it takes a lot of trial and error to get it right. she gave me the "new improved" video but the results are the same