View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 05:20 AM
Bneighbor

I purchase through ebay once in a while...but several years ago we put our motor home up for sale. There were no bid to reach our reserve. About a week later, a gentleman contacted us about buying the unit. Offered us above the reserve price (the reserve price is never revealed through eBay). The transaction went very well.
within weeks, we found a new motor home on eBay. Our bank became involved as we had to finance it. They were not agreeable with the sellers terms, so we backed off. About 20 minutes after the auction finished, the seller contacted us, with an offer...they did not get their reserve price and were willing to work with our bank. I would not recommend this, but we had banks and their appraisers to deal with, so we felt safe. Our bank was contacted by eBay who asked financial questions, to which their lawyers told them was privileged and private information.
We were not in trouble, but the seller was questioned. They told them, because I asked a few question, they had my email...they had the right to contact us after the auction was over. Neither party was contacted again by eBay concerning the matter.
I always follow the rules with eBay, just that time was a little different...LOTS of money and bankers involved... I don't think eBay wanted to get their noses in the middle. It was, in fact, a private sale. I found the original sales ad for this motor home in an RV magazine.

Last edited by Bneighbor; 02-25-2013 at 05:22 AM.