View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 08:09 AM
eparys

Default Santa and the Ruler Work Practice

I have like many of you seen those rulers dance on other peoples quilts and dutifully went out and bought some - matter of fact several - lol. And like many of you ... never used them up till now!

This was a Cloth Works Panel / Kit from a LQS and as I was entertaining using ruler work on the top shown in my current avatar - I thought that it would be good practice. I managed to finish the top way before Christmas but never got out of my way to get it quilted. So now it is done - either early for next year or late for last year!!

I learned a lot and from the top of the quilt - where several of the lines were ripped out and redone - to the bottom of the quilt I am now pretty pleased. Around the Santa's, I did a simple straight outline on the blocks with a medium / small stipple inside and some free form outlines around and inside the Santas. The Pinwheels and the tree blocks were just straight line outlines and the border was a basic stipple.
Attached Thumbnails rulerwork_1.jpg   rulerwork_2.jpg   rulerwork_3.jpg   santa_1.jpg