View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 AM
romanojg

I have Vikings and love them; just upgraded to their best Diamond Deluxe. My suggestion to you is to check out the dealers where you live. The machine is very important but so is the store you are dealing with. You'll want one where you can get classes and support. I vetoed on brand because the LQS here that sells them are some of the rudest people around; I wouldn't want to rely on them. My viking store is totally the opposite and I've never had a bad experience there and they are just nice people, great classes and lots of help. Our teacher is always listening to what we want to learn both with the software and the machine and incorporates that into our classes. They've even started classes in using the sewing part of the machine; not just the embroidery part. I love my machine and its very addicting. Good luck and happy hunting.

Just wanted to add; the hoop size is very important. If you only get a 4X4 hoop you'll be very limited and get bored really soon. My largest hoop is over 13 in; there is lots of options for my machine so look for not only what size hoop comes with it but if you can get any larger ones too.

Last edited by romanojg; 02-25-2013 at 09:03 AM.