Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Snooze2978

Default Looking for a bicycle or off-road bicycle quilting pattern.....where to go?

Hello! I find so many answers here so thought I'd throw this one at you. I've already searched on the web under bicycle quilting design and quilting pattern with no luck. Has anyone seen on one of their searches at their favorite web haunts a quilting design that deals with a bicycle, off-road bicycle, speed bicycling, etc? I have designs for dirt bikes which is not even close to a regular bicycle but nothing as simple as a plain old bicycle.

I've been working on a D9P in blues, browns, beiges with black as the center. Was just about ready to start putting the rows together when someone on this site put up their D9P on point the other day. It spoke to me and I just had to see what my blocks would look like on point. I fell in love with it so now I'm at the point of putting the sashing and coins down the rows. I'll be ready to start quilting by next week at the latest so need to find something to do with bicycling soon or come up with a whole different theme for his quilt. He's into speed bicycling, camping, kayaks and roller blading. The backing fabric I'm using is all colors of bicycles on black background. Wanted to do a E2E with something special along the border. Any sites you can direct me to would be appreciated greatly. Thanks,

Suz in Iowa