Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 AM
createfourpaws

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Microfiber? Uh, domestic machine quilting? That will be a great challenge. Cotton fabric will work the same, expecially if you stabilized all the tshirts. I don't use sheets for the backs of my quilts, very difficult to quilt thru, even on the longarm, stitches don't always secure easily. Polar fleece maybe, but if they are cotton tshirts, cotton backing works very well. Just my opinion. I know, keep customer happy. I've made a few of those tshirt quilts and used cottong flannel for back. Worked well.

they want something that will be durable. I am trying to discourage the microfiber as everything I have found is 100% polyester. I suggested using a cotton flannel and they don't want flannel but it looks like they will be open for cotton backing. They want something strong and durable, so I figure it would be better to get a wide backing instead of piecing the 44 inch fabric. I have never used a sheet for my backing and would be leary to do so. And yes I will be quilting it on my domestic machine.