Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
Joe, have you ever taken the ring off, the one that holds the bobbin assembly in place? I have done so to clean it when I was hoping it would free motion quilt (it doesn't), and for that reason - because it is so hard to get back on correctly - I don't use my 201 as much, although I like it. That's a shame, because it is such a sweet machine. I always make sure I hold the threads or use a fabric thread starter on any seam, because I don't want to clean a mess out of the bobbin area again. I also keep the area very clean. Have you had any of these experiences with your 201? I agree that otherwise, it is a great machine.

Cricket
Cricket,

No, I haven't taken the bobbin case or assembly out. This machine was very clean when I got it so I just did a cleaning job with the plates off.
To be honest I don't even know how to get it off. But it can't be that hard ........... can it?
When I sew I forget to hold the thread at the start of stitching about 90% of the time. Our 201 doesn't seem to have the tendency to pull the thread back in or have tension problems at the start.

Joe