Old 02-25-2013, 02:30 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Anyone wanting to do the Farmers Scraps with me and help me through the pattern? I emailed the www.quiltwoman.com and they referred me back to the lady who designed the pattern who said essentially: "read the directions!" It is published by www.quiltingstardesgins. com. by Cynthia Stary Drajna who has her own blog, and has judged the Iowa State Fair Quilts... She starts on the outside row...on Step 1 and on step 6 she does the center of the quilt...the Iowa Star. Backwards to the way I think, and if I get a size wrong, it will not go together right!! She also uses the 'scant 1/4' inch' seam which can rip out when being machine quilted. Her blocks are 2 3/4 inches and triangles are cut by sewing two blocks together at the center mark, then trimming off the excess on the under side. Why cannot she make the triangle large enough to sew on each side of the center mark and come up with two triangles for the quilt??? Her Iowa Star pp does not yield a nine inch finished block unless you add on the seam allowance! Scant does not do it. Constant waste of material.....Grrrrrrrr. I need someone with more knowledge than I to straighten out the math this out, or toss it out. How can someone who has the knowledge not admit her math is not right? Or is it just me and the way I am reading the pattern, and wanting to do it a better more efficient way?? Thanks all for letting me sound off and complain.

Nor did she know anything about FWSQ or FWPC. Nope, I am not impressed with her. Youall have impressed me with your knowledge and skills.