Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM
AngelinaMaria

Default What type of border would you put on this (it is an Omigosh quilt)?

I finally finished the 221st and final block to this quilt and will start sewing blocks together this afternoon. I've been pondering the borders for a while.

Most of the examples I've seen of this quilt use a skinny inner border then a 4 to 5 inch outter non-pieced border. Other than black, which I don't want to use, there isn't really a color that I haven't used in the quilt so it would have to be maybe one of the colors that is my favorite (I was thinking of pink or aqua or a lavendar).

But, when I posted photos a while back, someone suggested a piano key border using all the fabrics from my quilt. I really like that idea and am leaning towards that at this time. So, I guess I would do a skinny white border and then do piano keys maybe 3 inches long and either finish at 1/2 inch wide (like the tiny blocks in the small 9 patches), or do the keys to finish 1 1/2 inches which would match the width of the main blocks-the shoo flyies and the double 9 patches).
Attached Thumbnails omigosh-full-quilt-before-assembly-sm.jpg   omigosh-close-up-sm.jpg