Old 02-25-2013, 05:23 PM
DustysMomma

Well, here it goes. First off, we had a good time. We did have some.....challenges. I got a run in my pantyhose putting them on. My dress has these loops at the waist. The halter straps you see in the picture are in a braid down my back, then separate, go through the loops at the waist, then tie in the back. Well, when I had the dress altered, they didn't do a good job of tacking down the loop on the left side, so when I went to put the dress on, one side of the loop came loose. It took time to find a safety pin, more time to get it not too terribly obviously put into place, and then my boyfriend was freaking out a bit about not being able to get his cummerbund to sit right because of his shape. After 15 minutes, I finally convinced him to just leave it off. We got to the 1 hour pre-dinner reception 45 minutes late, but it was a small space and crowded, so 15 minutes was plenty. Dinner was fabulous, the speeches were long with a few giggles thrown in, and we were done about 10pm. We mingled a bit, took a few couples pictures, then went for a couple drinks at the hotel bar with my boyfriend's boss (who is also his best friend) and his wife, which we never get to do. The sad part is, my favorite part of my outfit was my shoes, and I don't have a picture on here to share! I was sitting there during the speeches, when they got boring, looking at my pretty shoes, lol. I may have to share a picture of them too!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]398016[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc06188-001.jpg