Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM
Pollytink

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Yahoo groups do not display your email in its entirety. This is to prevent robots from hacking emails. However, people can send you an email by clicking on the truncated email that displays next to your post. They will still not have your complete email address unless you reply to theirs.

My recommendation is to simply create a Yahoo email for yourself that you use exclusively for Yahoo groups.
I have two Yahoo groups and it is possible, if the owner permits it, to hide your email addy....but if you do that the owner/mods can't contact you. Because of this, I don't allow addy to be hidden. And, as Prism said, your addy doesn't show on the messages shown online or if you get a Digest. BUT, for those who get the Individual Msg option where you get the messages on your computer at home, the addys DO show in those. I advise people to get an alternate addy, as mentioned above, to use just for the groups. The things Prism mentions are true when you're reading the messages on the group site.

And you can set your preferences to Web only (if the owner allows it) or Special Notices to read msgs online only....you can post and reply to msgs that way too. I insist on Special Notices so that if I have to get a message to EVERYONE, I send it that way and everyone gets it no matter how they have their preferences set.