View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:27 AM
nhweaver

I have been asking for the empty cardboard fabric holders from Jo ann's and Hancocks, I wrap my fabric around them and set them up like in a fabric store (by color), and it is easier for me to shop (like in a fabric store) and pull out one fabric wrapped around the cardboard than pulling out one folded fabric, and having the rest tumble about and make a mess. My dh made shelves 37" high in the closet, and right now they are 2 fabric wrapped cardboard holders deep (not practical, but better for me than folding) as they are built into a deep closet attic nook. When I move into my sewing room I am going to have 8 feet of linear closet space with shelves 37" apart. I still will have bins of fabric, christmas, kids, flannel, civil war. Ideally, they will be only 1 cardboard holder deep in this space, but that is still on the drawing board. I keep my fabric out of sunlight, so the bins and all fabric is stored in closets, cupboards, all over, in drawers, chests. In my new room, I will be able to bring up a couple of old "chifferrobes" that he has built shelves in for me. I find them in yard sales, and auctions fairly inexpensive. Great place to store fabric, notions, etc, away from sunlight.

Last edited by nhweaver; 02-26-2013 at 09:30 AM.