Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

Thanks Gladys! show us a picture or two - even if not Jane

I finished BR9 last night - someone on either thatquilt or aunt reen referred to it as the 'pacman' block [triangle]! cute and so true. I wasnt near a camera while making it so I will give you a few pointers and hope you can picture it in your mind. For the topmost section, I appliqued the curvy piece to the background. I used paper piecing for the 'pacmen' sections as they recommended at the other sites, but then continued in a slightly different order. I transferred the bottom straight edges to the pacmen and attached them to the background 'frames' below each of them by machine [having used a fabric marker to transfer all sewing lines to the frames before] Next I 'backbasted' the frame curves to the pacmen. To me it seemed to assure me I would keep the row in a straight line. I appliqued the curves in place and done! dont worry that you have a few raw frame edges provided they are in your seamline. make sure the points on only the top two pacmen meet the middle of the frame below and the lower two have a space of the 'pacmen face'

[ATTACH=CONFIG]398160[/ATTACH]

I also decided to make a couple of easier squares ahead of time to pick up my pace [realizing that yes I still have several past ones to do..... ahem]

Here are K9 [week of May 9] - I cut the center square by first putting a strip of background and print pieces 1 1/4" together, trimming down to 1 1/4" - adding an additional 1 1/4" background square to two of them and so forth [didnt paper piece center - I measured the finished sizes and added my seam allowance because the block is basically a nine-patch surrounded by a border and set on point.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398163[/ATTACH]
and K12 [week of May 19] - I made the print 'inner triangles' a little smaller because Janes did not completely go to the points of the sashing there is a little bit of background showing. I dont have time to measure right now - but I will revisit this, or you can ask me if you are ready to tackle it and I will figure out the measurements for you. It was a fun block to make.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398164[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-br9c.jpg   dj-k9.jpg   dj-k12.jpg