Old 02-26-2013, 01:12 PM
quiltgal

Originally Posted by callen View Post
Hi Joe,

I am hoping that you can help me - I have a Singer FW from 1946 that works but the electrical cord is not very good & I am concerned about the safety. I would like to replace the whole thing - from where it plugs into the machine, right down to the foot & to the electrical outlet. The foot is fine but I thought I might as well replace the whole thing. Where can I get this part? I did have the address for a company that dealt with vintage parts but I have lost it - I am hoping that you can help me. Serial # is AG875281
Also, can you give me some advice on getting rid of the musty smell from the case? I have tried everything that I can think of but it still hasn't helped. I will be forever grateful.
Thank you.
Carol
Carol,
The thing that has worked the best for me to remove the smell from old cases is to put several used dryer sheets in, close the lid for about 1 week and usually the smell is mostly gone. I have had to let one case go for an additional week, but always have good luck with that. For parts for Featherweights, try my website: www.thequiltgal.com.
For over 10 years now have carried all sorts of parts and accessories to work on Featherweights that people brought to me for repair or repaired for resale.