View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 03:22 PM
ube quilting
Power Poster

Thanks everyone for all your encouragement through this project. If you working on this quilt now or want to in the future here is what I have learned so far that may help.

Having a design board is the best way to keep the pattern right and the easiest way to work on this one.

It is not imperative that every set be different but really cool if you have enough scraps.

Starch the back of your fabric twice. Sharon Shambler says to! I agree.

My old hands found it better to cut in limited time sessions. Repetitive motion can cause issues.

Stack each color set of five in stacks of ten and caddy -corner each set in the stack. I used a deep tray and had ten stacks of ten which gave me 100 color sets. I placed a piece of cardboard on top of these and stacked the next 100 color sets on top of the first. Keeping them in an easy to count method makes it easier to keep track of what you have.

Groups of four and singles that go around the edge are seperate from the sets of five.

Take your time when seting out the sets on the design board. The instructions suggest doing one quarter of the quilt at a time and I agree because of space limitations. Be careful of what fabrics go where on the edge of the sections because there is no straight line of blocks to follow and the color sets cross into each section if you are doing it in sections.

I put a piece of painters tape on the edge of my design wall, top and side and numbered the rows and colomns and drew an arrow next to each row to indicate which direction to iron that row.

So far so good!
thank you everyone for the good spirit you have given me.
peace