Old 02-26-2013, 07:53 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

I'm getting ready to sew this week's square - I-10 - Iris' Medallion. I've been studying the original square of Jane's on the page next to the sketch and also within the quilt itself. I think Auntreen.com's blog is more accurate than the sketch or thatquilt.com's instructions. Jane did not have an extra piece of border on the outside edge of her square. There are only two pieces of fabric one background and one print square between the star points and the outer edge sashing. The two squares on the sides sort of look like there might be some extra background, but I think Jane used the same type of muslin or cotton of some sort for her background as her sashing, so it blends in. If you look at the picture of the whole quilt, I-10 actually extends farther up and down than I-11, meaning there is definitely not another piece of background there. I also think there is a little more space between the inner point of the star and the print square than any of the blogs show. I'll show you when I'm done.... getting ready to watch some tv w my DH.
Gus