Old 02-26-2013, 10:37 PM
n2scraplvr

CONCLUSION:

In closing, I hope this tutorial has been a help to you! You can always refer to the pics of the sample blocks for color and placement ideas although any type of random placement is always more appealing than a set pattern. Take into consideration also the colors you are using in your quilt. I am more on the conservative side so my blocks may not be as expressive as yours depending on the fabrics you use and I've seen some of those great fabrics you have!

Remember also that the block size is small (5") so even though you have some really great large scale prints you'd like to use in it, you should consider that fact. These small 2" squares can only handle so large of a scale of print. However, if you're making larger blocks, anything then would work well!

I hope you are now better prepared and more knowledgeable for creating depth, contrast and movement so gather up those scraps and just have some fun putting together some unusual combinations! Opposites surely do attract! Happy quilting! n2