View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 AM
2manyhobbies

Default Christmas present!

Nope, not for Christmas, 2013, but for last Christmas. I cut out and pieced this 196-piece quilt for my son a week before Christmas. I'm one of those people who get that Christmas adrenaline rush and I have to add one more thing to do. I laid 1/2 of it out so he could visualize the finished product. It is not batik, like the Underground Studios pattern called for because I didn't know how upkeep would be in a coin laundry. (Note the tag. He probably won't do that, and he really doesn't have to, as warm water and a dryer won't kill the quilt, but I'm just trying to give it a fighting chance). The name of the quilt was Crossroads, but I changed it to Sky King, as he loves aviation. I guess this is Sky King flying at night :-). He also received a DVD of the old Sky King series to watch while the quilt got done. He's too young (28) to know who Sky King was, but he thought the DVD was a hoot. I finished it on January 18, and held to show to my guild for points on February 27. So quess what? We had a blizzard and the meeting was canceled. I can't hold the quilt for next month, as I'm delivering it to him tomorrow. And so it goes.
Attached Thumbnails quilt-board.jpg   sky-king-label-board.jpg