Old 02-27-2013, 08:11 AM
carriem

DD--so sorry to hear about your Sadie.

QNS--I like your Iowa Star blocks. Too bad the pattern has to be confusing! We started getting snow yesterday afternoon and it is still coming down...not nearly as much as you have gotten...maybe 3-4" total. School is cancelled today for DD...the other two got theirs done this morning and are getting ready to go out and shovel then sled. I need to finish up dishes, then am heading to the clubhouse to get my binding on my PC quilt...didn't get out there yesterday. We had dentist appts yesterday afternoon and needed a nap after that before archery last night.

Almost went in the ditch on the way home from archery practice last night...we have a couple different ways we can come home and usually I take gravel...which of course on the way home is up hill AND on a curve and the van didn't like that in the snow. This new van I have has "traction control" which is a real pain sometimes!! It turns on when I need to just keep moving. We got part way up the hill and started sliding backwards. I decided since there were no cars I would just back up to the last driveway and turn around to go the other way...well while backing up the van starts sliding sideways off to the other side of the road. I was able to get stopped just under 2 feet from the drop to the ditch and called DH. He came to save us. He managed to get the van turned around without putting it in the ditch, but barely. I figured it would go over better if it was him putting it in the ditch than me! Thankfully we were able to make it home a different way, but it was pretty slow going.