Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 AM
terri bb

i read this reply a few times and kept going back up to the top and looking at the queen. i think the PP has it down. i would use monofilament line instead of any color of thread on the STID so that if there was a little warble it would not show. i would also use the flat batting! i love the idea of the lines in the gold ruff; it would look like the border on my quilt you did and i LOVE that it would really give it dimension and i like the hair waves as well. i can't tell you what color to do that in! i would definitely use a white thread in the panto and gold in the ruff so nothing stood out and it all blended in with the background colors. i think you did an outstanding job with this, girl. you have an amazing talent with what you have in your head you can pull out and put on paper. are you going to add a colored border or just the binding? maybe you could do several 'starts and stops' on the freehand quilting so that if you DID scream NO CRAPPYOLA THAT WAS WRONG! you can take that little bit out with ease and not have to take out alot of work? i think you can do this on your long arm as well. i have faith in you you can do this! i wish i was there to watch you do it! just take your time and before you start to move your 'arm' just close your eyes, pray, take a deep breath, and go for it!
Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
WOW!!!
What I see is the panto in the white border and background, but not on the pattern or the blue border. I see the panto pattern continuing, underneath the border and the figure, like you used a white patterned whole cloth fabric and appliqued the figure and border on top. I would do this with white thread. There would be a lot of starting and stopping the pattern, so I don't know if you could do this on your long arm (I know I couldn't!) I would stitch in the ditch around all the other seams. I wouldn't do anything on her face, but do a bit of quilting in her hair, following your embroidery and also outlining her fingers. I would also quilt lines in her gold ruff, making it look pleated. Then, using matching thread, I would do some swirls or stippling in the large black and red areas. Well, you asked